17. One of the best attributes of the Gocycle is that it is
easily foldable into about half its size. The complete bike
weighs just over 35 pounds.
18. Unlike America where there remains so much waffling
in the acceptance of e-bikes, from commuter bikes to full-on downhill bikes, Europe has embraced the burgeoning
industry in all its various guises. Domestic suspension
maker German Answer has found plenty of applications of
their long-travel forks and shocks.
19. Already a major player in the world of pedal bikes, Scott
is making all the right moves to be a major player in the
e-bike market as well.
20. The Eurobike show was overflowing with an eclectic mix
of e-bikes, including this bike with a stamped-steel frame
that was made by automaker Kia.
21. Of all the e-bikes at the show, it was the array of e-bikes
that eschewed pedals that raised legitimate concerns about
potential conflicts with other trail user groups. While pedelec
bikes can still be considered bicycles, these bikes definitely
should be categorized as motorcycles.
22. Inovelo is a French e-bike company who, besides
showcasing their own drive system, also had one of the
most varied presentation of commuter e-bikes at Eurobike. ■